In past, I used cocaine regularly before I started having very serious nasal allergy and some breathing problems. Is the drug responsible?

Dr. Jack Mutnick
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Probably

Cocaine use can severely distort and destroy nasal mucosa and cause lots of scarring.
You might also just have allergies. See your allergist for testing and treatment options.

In brief: Probably

Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Jack Mutnick

In brief: Maybe

Cocaine is an anesthetic (numbs up the inside of the nose) and decongestant (constricts the blood vessels, shrinking the fleshy inner lining) in the nose.
Cocaine can damage a nose by preventing the cells from getting enough blood flow. An ENT doctor can evaluate to see if the mucosa (pink inner lining) or the cartilage has been damaged or distorted. Other diseases can also cause nasal symptoms.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Umesh Patel