Could using cocaine burst my heart?

Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr

In brief: NO--BUT

It will weaken your heart and cause a host of other problems.
I had a 20y/o whose heart was damaged to about 1/4 of normal measured by echo. He was left with severe shortness of breath and lack of exercise tolerance. He was very miserable. With special nutrient therapies we managed to get him back to 1/2 normal --better to leave it alone.

In brief: NO--BUT

Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr
Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Addiction Medicine

In brief: Not exactly

The heart does not "burst" except when the heart wall has been weakened by a severe heart attack.
Cocaine can cause the arteries of the heart to constrict, which can cause a heart attack. It also can make the heart rhythm abnormal, sometimes to where it doesn't pump blood properly, causing fainting and even stroke. It also can severely raise blood pressure, which can cause stroke and heart probs.

In brief: Not exactly

Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Umesh Patel