How long after drinking alcohol do I have to wait to start antabuse (disulfiram)?

About as long... ...As you have till you can drive safely - or till the hangover is over, if you have one.
24 hours. There has to be absolutely no alcohol in your system before starting. If your doctor did not give you an antabuse101 talk, including handouts to read at home, then you aren't getting your money's worth. This includes avoiding wine vinegars and any cooking with alcohol (it does not all burn off), use of colognes and perfumes, alcohol in liquid meds, and not inhaling purell fumes. At least 24 hours.