What if I need support in between aa meetings?

Dr. Jeff Blixt
Addiction Medicine
In brief: See below
Could go to more meeting, there is not a limit.
Also individual counseling could be very helpful. If struggling with cravings or mood, see your doctor. Medications can be helpful as well. They can all complement each other. Good luck and keep up the good work.

In brief: See below
Dr. Jeff Blixt
Dr. Jeff Blixt
In brief: I believe...
That's what the sponsor/buddy is for?

In brief: I believe...
That's what the sponsor/buddy is for?
Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
In brief: In between...
I agree w dr. Blixt.
Sponsors are excellent for support in between. However, any human can eventually get sucked dry. It can be very helpful to have a list of people (w phone numbers) who are willing to be called when you need to talk or are in need of reality based feedback or support. Sometimes, you may find that reading your big book or communing with your higher power will fill your need.

In brief: In between...
I agree w dr. Blixt.
Dr. Andrea Brand
Board Certified, Family Medicine