What happens if am an alcoholic and depressed, can I take my depression meds?

Dr. Pamela Pappas
In brief: Need to work on both
I agree with my colleague that you need to work on both your alcoholism and depression.
The 2 are frequently related, and they mutually intensify and complicate each other. You may need an inpatient program where both problems can be addressed: it's called "dual diagnosis." please speak with your prescribing physician about this.

In brief: Need to work on both
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Jeff Blixt
Addiction Medicine
In brief: They won't work
Maybe you are depressed because you are an alcoholic.
Until you get help for you alcoholism, very difficult to determine or treat your depression. Have an honest talk with your doctor.

In brief: They won't work
Dr. Jeff Blixt
Dr. Jeff Blixt
Dr. Andrea Brand
Board Certified, Family Medicine