What happens if am an alcoholic and depressed, can I take my depression meds?

Dr. Pamela Pappas

In brief: Need to work on both

I agree with my colleague that you need to work on both your alcoholism and depression.
The 2 are frequently related, and they mutually intensify and complicate each other. You may need an inpatient program where both problems can be addressed: it's called "dual diagnosis." please speak with your prescribing physician about this.

In brief: Need to work on both

Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Jeff Blixt
Addiction Medicine

In brief: They won't work

Maybe you are depressed because you are an alcoholic.
Until you get help for you alcoholism, very difficult to determine or treat your depression. Have an honest talk with your doctor.

In brief: They won't work

Dr. Jeff Blixt
Dr. Jeff Blixt
Dr. Eric Weisman