Is my liver going to fail if I don't give up drinking alcohol?

Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Addiction Medicine

In brief: Beats me

Did a doctor tell you that it was causing damage? If yes, then if you keep drinking, you will do more damage.
We have lots more liver than we need, and it takes many years of heavy drinking to cause liver failure, and not all heavy drinkers get liver damage. Assuming you did have liver abnormalities and you are still drinking, then you clearly need some help. Talk to doctor about treatment.

In brief: Beats me

Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Alan Wartenberg

In brief: There is...

...Certainly a high risk of that, if your drinking is heavy enough or if there is an underlying liver disease.

In brief: There is...

Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
Dr. Jack Hinkle
Board Certified, Family Medicine