If I relapse, am I allowed to go back to aa?

Dr. Jeff Blixt
Addiction Medicine

In brief: Yes, deninitly!

The majority of people who attempt sobriety relapse, some studies indicated 80-90 percent of people relapse within the first year. You are not alone.
All that is required for aa is a desire to stop drinking.Go back, work the program and be honest. Remember there are other resources avaliable as well such as counseling and possible use of medications.

In brief: Yes, deninitly!

Dr. Jeff Blixt
Dr. Jeff Blixt
Dr. Jeffrey Juchau
You can always go to AA, some meetings are restricted to only certain groups, but there are always open meetings to attend.
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Addiction Medicine

In brief: Of course

There is nobody in an aa meeting who has not relapsed.
I don't know what your experience was with aa before, but it is hard to believe you never heard anybody talk about their own relapses, and many many people being welcomed back saying that they are working on their first 24 hours, or have a day or two. This is a chronic relapsing disorder, and the important thing is getting back on the bicycle.

In brief: Of course

Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Alan Wartenberg

Aa is a program of support & acceptance.

Dr. Arnon Rubin