Is it safe to take fazaclo while pregnant or breastfeeding?

Dr. Mark Reynolds

In brief: Yes and no

I agree with inzer regarding pregnancy .
In terms of breast feeding, likely advise against it if possible. There is some literature to indicate med is concentrated in breast milk. Although the infants ability to absorb is unclear, there would be the need for weekly CBC monitoring, seizure risk etc. Breast feeding is great, but a healthy, stable mom and formula would likely be the call here!

In brief: Yes and no

Dr. Mark Reynolds
Dr. Mark Reynolds
Dr. R. Wayne Inzer

In brief: Probably

Category b, no evidence of harm but like all medications, weigh possible risk to benefits.
'does the patient have to take it to function'? Always discuss with your doctor before stopping a medication esp one like this.

In brief: Probably

Dr. R. Wayne Inzer
Dr. R. Wayne Inzer