How come everytime I drink alcohol I get a wierd wave of depression?

It is a depressant. Not everyone will get waves of depression, at least initially. Alcohol universally is seen as a depressant. The degree to which it is depressing varies but the fact that it is a depressant is clear. You may be at greater risk for serious depression that is clinical and could need intervention if you continue to drink alcohol in any form.
Alcohol is depressin. Every drop of alcohol is a depressant. The "high" is related to disinhibition, or loosing one's sense of socially acceptable behavior. But drinking = depression, particularly if you are susceptible to depression for some reason.