Does alcohol's effect on women change when they're on their period?

Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Addiction Medicine
In brief: No
Have not heard this from any of my women patients, and did a brief literature search and cannot find any reports of different effects of alcohol on women who are in their menstrual cycle.
There are hormonal changes of mood during the period before the menstrual cycle, which together with alcohol, could conceivably change levels of depression or anxiety.

In brief: No
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Albert Pizzo
In brief: Alcoho effect
No. The alcohol effect is the same on women whether or not they are menstruating.

In brief: Alcoho effect
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Board Certified, Family Medicine