Am I allowed to transfer sponsors if I need to in aa?

Dr. Jeff Blixt
Addiction Medicine

It's your recovery, not your sponsors or anyone elses.
You can do what you need to do to stay sober. Past that i know nothing of your current relationship with your sponsor, or your why's for decision. Recommend discuss with other trusted aa member.

Dr. Jeff Blixt
Dr. Jeff Blixt
Dr. Susan Uhrich

Not every person can work with every other person in any area.
That's one reason for so many doctors and lawyers. The most important thing is to find someone you can work with.

Dr. Susan Uhrich
Dr. Susan Uhrich

In brief: Some people

May start out with a temporary sponsor. They can later transition to a permanent sponsor. The sponsor / sponsoree relationship needs to work.
I have occasionally known someone to change sponsor because their sponsor was not responsive enough. I know people who have changed because their sponsor wasn't tough love enough. Whatever the reason, yes a change can be made.

In brief: Some people