I was on baby aspirin for stroke 2 yr ago. I broke pelvis and had much bruising. Should I take it?

Dr. Peter Kurzweil

Risk of stroke once one has occurred is significant and preventive measures crucial, focusing on hypertensive control, lipid management, and lifestyle changes.
Bruising due to trauma is likely to be increased on Aspirin regimen. One Aspirin will effect all the live platelets for it's five-day lifespan, the suggestion i give if bruising is a real concern is to take Aspirin 81 mg 3x/week.

Dr. Peter Kurzweil
Dr. Peter Kurzweil
Dr. William Singer
Pediatrics - Neurology

In brief: Speak to your doctor

When you break pelvic and long bones there can be a great deal of bleeding.
speak to your doctor to determine if you are still at risk for bleeding. If passed that point, yoiu should be able to resume aspirin.

In brief: Speak to your doctor

Dr. William Singer
Dr. William Singer
Dr. ANTHONY PEPE
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: YES, BUT...

Cut dosage down to once a week.

In brief: YES, BUT...

Cut dosage down to once a week.
Dr. ANTHONY PEPE
Dr. ANTHONY PEPE
Dr. Tarek Ezzeddine

Yes if you want to avoid another stroke; Plavix (clopidogrel) or Aggrenox are even better.

Dr. Tarek Ezzeddine
Dr. Tarek Ezzeddine
Dr. Vicken Poochikian