When should I bring my 18-24 month old child to the doctors if I suspect that my child is sick?

In brief: Four signs

If your baby 1) is fretful or irritable for more than 24 hours, 2) has fever that is lasting more than 48 hours, 3) has temperature higher than 103.
5 degrees rectally, or 4) screams and cannot be calmed down in 3 hours.

In brief: Four signs

Dr. Cornelia Franz

In brief: When you are worried

The four signs is an excellent answer. I have learned through the years that it is best to see the doctor when you are worried.
It may be a simple viral illness and nothing serious but a parent's peace of mind is worth a lot. I like the opportunity to educate and empower parents when kids are sick and give them more "tools" to use at home.

In brief: When you are worried

Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Cindy Juster