What are some safety precautions I should take for my 15-18 month old child when traveling by car?

Dr. Jeffrey Seiden
Pediatrics - Emergency Medicine

In brief: Car seats!

Properly securing an appropriate car seat is vital to the child's safety.
Safe driving practices are obviously essential too!

In brief: Car seats!

Dr. Jeffrey Seiden
Dr. Jeffrey Seiden
Dr. Alex Shvartsman
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: Car seat

Do not speed, defensive driving, full stop at stop signs.

In brief: Car seat

Dr. Alex Shvartsman
Dr. Alex Shvartsman
Dr. Willa Terry
Children are advised to sit in properly aligned and positioned rear facing car seats until age two years.

In brief: Couple suggestions

Your preferred plan is for baby to face the back window in a convertible car seat.
It is acceptable to forward face after two years old & over 20 pounds but i reccomend that you leave them rear facing until the max rear facing wt limit. See www.Joelsjourney.Com for an informative video.. Never leave a child alone in a car while you run an errand. You could lose your child to a thief or heatstroke.

In brief: Couple suggestions