How can I get to know my baby at nine to twelve months?

Dr. Mark Diamond
In brief: Play
Playing with your child, spending time, talking to them and having fun is the way to go in getting to 'know" your child.

In brief: Play
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond
In brief: Typical behaviors
The nine to twelve month old will pull to stand and cruise along furniture.
Small objects are picked up with a neat pincer grasp as hand control improves. Vowel sounds like dada/mama come easier now. Fear of strangers is more common now and will persist for at least a year. This is normal and healthy response as the child begins to understand the concept of favorite and unknown people.

In brief: Typical behaviors