What are some safety precautions I should take for my two week child at home?

Dr. Mark Diamond

In brief: Accident prevention

I find that anticipation works best.
Think of you baby's abilities 4 mos from now and take precautions. At 2wks guard against falling, smothering, choking, and being too rough in shaking.Make sure they sleep on their back! consider pet safety. Don't smoke.Lock your weapons properly now.

In brief: Accident prevention

I find that anticipation works best.
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond

In brief: Be cautious

Your newborn can flip and fall from any table.
Place a hand on the baby if you turn away to get something. Consider changing your water heater setting to 120 as higher settings result in more scalding accidents. Review location of any toxic chemical or weapon and plan to move them to a child proof location.

In brief: Be cautious

Dr. Cindy Juster