I heard bleach baths are good for eczema. How do you take bleach baths?

Dr. Danica Schulte
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

I typically have patients take diluted bleach bath 2-3 times per week, using 2-3 ounces in 1/2 tub of water to help decolonize staph from the skin.
These baths can be drying, so i usually recommend moisturizers after every bath and use care if the skin is open to avoid discomfort! staph toxin can flare eczema.

Dr. Danica Schulte
Dr. Danica Schulte
Dr. Justin Greiwe

In brief: Bleach Baths

For recurrent infected eczema, liquid chlorine bleach baths (sodium hypochlorite 6% solution) may be used in addition to topical treatment.
Try the following formula: Add 1/2 cup 6% bleach in a full bathtub of lukewarm water and then soak for 10 minutes. Afterwards, rinse with fresh water, pat dry, and immediately apply emollient and/or prescribed medications. Bath should be taken 2-3 times/week

In brief: Bleach Baths

Dr. Justin Greiwe
Dr. Justin Greiwe
Dr. Manav Singla

In brief: 1/2 cup bleach

Consider bleach baths – ½ cup bleach to full bathtub – bathe for 5-10 minutes two times a week.
The doctor may instruct you to use a special nasal ointment as well.

In brief: 1/2 cup bleach

Dr. Manav Singla
Dr. Manav Singla
Dr. Shontae Buffington