My daughter is in puberty, how should I talk to her about it?

Dr. David Finke
In brief: Puberty is normal.
Every girl's body changes when she transforms for a girl to a woman.
Changes are normal and will involve increase in body hair, breast enlargement, and monthly vaginal bleeding. It is very important to emphasize that at this time, she is capable of becoming pregnant-if you aren't comfortable talking with her about this, then refer to a pediatrician or gynecologist who can. Education=better health.

In brief: Puberty is normal.
Dr. David Finke
Dr. David Finke
In brief: With a happy smile!
Children are very perceptive.
If a parent seems nervous, worried, upset, or avoids talking, then a child may think puberty is a bad thing, that there's something wrong about puberty, or there's something wrong with her own body. A couple of popular books for children and their parents are "sex, puberty, and all that stuff" by bailey, and "what's happening to my body? Book for girls" by madaras.

In brief: With a happy smile!
Children are very perceptive.
Dr. Cindy Juster