Is it safe to take lorazepam while pregnant or breastfeeding?

Risk/benefit. Generally try to avoid in the 1st trimester, though the risk of cleft palate and lip may be less than once thought. Safe in the 2nd and 3rd trimester, with high doses maybe some risk of decreased muscle tone/slowed breathing (rare). There is a risk of preterm labor and low birthweight infants, as well as pre-eclampsia in anxiety disorders. Please see mass general's women's mental health page!
Depends. In the first trimester, there may be risk of malformations but the studies aren't clear. It is safe in the second trimester. If taken for a long time before delivery or a large dose just before delivery, it can cause a floppy baby that doesn't respond right away. The benefits of the medication may outweigh the risks though. In addition, it can be addicting. You should talk to your doctor.