What can I take for migraines during pregnancy? I am around 6 weeks.

Dr. William Goldie
Pediatrics - Neurology

In brief: Appropriate meds

Pain medications can be used if used appropriately.
Aspirin and Ibuprofen and tylenol (acetaminophen) can be used safely if used appropriately. Try to avoid narcotics and powerful pain medications. Discuss this with your doctor. Also, consider herbal treatments and relaxation methods. Maintain good health habits.

In brief: Appropriate meds

Dr. William Goldie
Dr. William Goldie
Dr. William Newton

In brief: Acetominophen

Assuming you have been worked up for your migraines in the past and your headaches are true migraines and you are using dietary restriction of foods that may trigger migraines; then acetominophen is your best option at 6 weeks.
Once you are beyond 10 weeks then there may some other prescription meds that you may use.

In brief: Acetominophen

Dr. William Newton
Dr. William Newton
Dr. Adam Levy