Missed peroid, I 'm 43 , have had normal paps, but my cycles have been off last 3 years, is this normal

Dr. M Gray-Swain
In brief: Not normal
Menstrual irregularities like you are describing may be normal, but they may also not be normal.
I full medical history, including the age of menopause of your immediate female relatives, an exam and a few simple lab tests should prove your doctor with the information he or she needs to determine if this is normal or abnormal. Take a chart of your bleeding to the appointment.

In brief: Not normal
Dr. M Gray-Swain
Dr. M Gray-Swain
Dr. Pam Yoder
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine
In brief: 2 possibilities
One possibility is irregular periods, which become more common as one progresses through time or ventures into menopause.
Another is pregnancy. A physician should be seen and precautions taken till the visit.

In brief: 2 possibilities
Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Michael Flax
It is likely that the irregular periods are a function of age, but Flax's, law is still relevent, any abnormal bleeding in the child-bearing ag is an ectopic pregnancy until proven otherwise! Other problems can include polyps, and in some cases, precancer or even cancer.
In brief: Multiple reasons
Irregular bleeding is either due to hormonal changes, structural changes, or pregnancy.
At 43 you may be having irregular ovulation, though one cannot tell without a more thorough evaluation. Your ob/gyn can be more helpful.

In brief: Multiple reasons
Dr. Nicholas Fogelson
Dr. Nicholas Fogelson
Dr. M Gray-Swain
In brief: Not normal

In brief: Not normal
Dr. M Gray-Swain
Dr. M Gray-Swain
Dr. William Newton
In brief: Maybe
At 43 you can still get pregnant so this must be ruled out.
Many women, as they approach menopause may begin to miss periods and this normal. If there is unusual bleeding like bleeding between your periods or bleeding after sex then you need to see you gyn for evaluation.

In brief: Maybe
Dr. William Newton
Dr. William Newton
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
In brief: See your gyn
If is not uncommon to miss periods.
There are multiple reasons such as thyroid, pituitary or ovarian dysfunction. Some women in their late 30's-40's may experience menopause early. Stress, eating disorders, strenuous exercise may also contribute to missed menses. See you doctor, simple blood tests and physical exams will usually explain your symptoms.

In brief: See your gyn
If is not uncommon to miss periods.
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham