I feel anxiety help my doctors don't want to give me meds for it?

Dr. Miroslava Fox
Clinical Psychology

In brief: See below

If anxiety is a new symptoms, you should speak to your primary care doctor as to physical causes.
You can seek second opinion. Also, find a counselor who can help you learn techniques of dealing with anxiety. Keep a diary of when you become anxious, what causes your anxiety, where it feels in your body, and what helped relieving the symptoms. Practice relaxation, self-care. Good luck!

In brief: See below

Dr. Byron Law-Yone

In brief: Why ?

Is there a reason for your dr's decision to avoid medication treatment? Some anxiety meds.
Can lead to sedation or dependence/ abuse. If you already have a substance abuse disorder many drs will avoid using this type of medication. Some anxiety disorders can be treated with psychotherapy alone. Ask your dr why he is hesitant to treat with meds.

In brief: Why ?