On my right second toe, the skin is peeling off and the skin is cracked and it is starting on my left second toe. What is the diagnosis and treatment?

In brief: Tinea

Sound like a fungus or shoe irritation.
See a podiatrist who cane treat topically.

In brief: Tinea

Sound like a fungus or shoe irritation.

In brief: It could be...

The best otc medication (in my opinion) is lotrimin (clotrimazole) ultra. Dilute vinegar soaks are good as well. Dry the inside of your shoes by placing them up-side down over an air return vent at home overnight. If this doesn't make things better in a couple days, see a podiatrist.

In brief: It could be...

Dr. Vern Chuba
Podiatry

In brief: Fungus

Probably a fungus infection of the area commonly called tinea.
Treatment: refrain from picking at the area. Dry area after shower/bathe. Over the counter Lamisil (terbinafine) at apply twice daily to the area.

In brief: Fungus