What kind of a doctor treats fractures of the cheek bones?

Several types! Three specialities predominantly treat these fractures. Plastic surgeons, ent, and oral surgery. It varies with the community and hospital and the interest of the physician. The most experienced physicians are usually associated with a level i or ii trauma center which sees a high volume of facial fractures.
Varies. It varies somewhat based upon the expertise of the doctors in your region. Fractures of the facial bones can be treated by three specialties: ent, oral surgery, plastic surgery. Not all specialists in the areas treat facial fractures, but all that treat facial fractures are typically in one of those three specialties.
ENT surgeon. Ent surgeons or “otolaryngologists” are head and neck surgeons. They treat fractures of the facial bones like the cheek bones, jaw bones, and bones around the eyes (also known as the “orbit” of the eye), as well as other conditions that affect these areas. Otolaryngology or ENT (ear, nose and throat) is the branch of medicine and surgery that specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of ear, nose, throat, and head and neck disorders. The full name of the specialty is otolaryngology–head and neck surgery.