How do I know if I have postpartum depression?

Dr. Barbara Lavi
Clinical Psychology
In brief: Do speak with
Someone. I agree with dr scarantino.
Don't wait if you are unsure whether it's post partum or not, speaking with your doctor or a therapist will help you figure out what s wrong..

In brief: Do speak with
Someone. I agree with dr scarantino.
Dr. Barbara Lavi
Dr. Barbara Lavi
Dr. Susan Feingold
Clinical Psychology
In brief: Call your physician
Contact a mental health professional with specialization/expertise in assessment and treatment of postpartum depression.
You can contact postpartum support, international at www.Postpartum.Net.

In brief: Call your physician
Dr. Susan Feingold
Dr. Susan Feingold
Dr. Stephen Scarantino
In brief: You may not know...
It is easy to feel overwhelmed as a new mother--reach out! i would recommend speaking with your obstetrician or social worker at the hospital you had delivered at and informing him/her of your current state of mind and how you are feeling.
You should not feel ashamed to talk with your family or doctor about how you are feeling nor should any of your symptoms be dismissed or taken lightly.

In brief: You may not know...
Dr. Stephen Scarantino
Dr. Stephen Scarantino
Dr. Osman Farooq
Pediatrics - Neurology
In brief: Get checked
If you think you could be having post-partum depression then you should get checked.
It is even more important to get checked immediately if you are having thoughts of hurting yourself or others, especially your baby.

In brief: Get checked
Dr. Osman Farooq
Dr. Osman Farooq