Should owners of motorcycles register for organ donation?

Dr. Amy Friedman
Surgery - Transplant

In brief: Everyone should!

Aren't you really asking whether motorcycles are so dangerous that the consideration of end of life issues is appropriate? Truthfully, we should all think about the unpleasant topic of our own death, and what we prefer to happen with our own body.
Motorcycle owners and all others can best celebrate their own lives by saving the lives of others through organ/tissue donation.

In brief: Everyone should!

Dr. Amy Friedman
Dr. Amy Friedman
2 comments
Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
Motorcyclists are more likely than other people to suffer brain death with other organs intact. Organ donation would be one way to bring meaning to a high-risk activity.
Dr. Ralph Layman
I ride a motorcycle and I am an organ donor.
Dr. Ernest Block
Surgery - Trauma

In brief: No

There is no compelling reason why any particular activity should prompt registration for organ donation.

In brief: No

Dr. Ernest Block
Dr. Ernest Block
Dr. Joseph Pfeifer
Surgery - Trauma

should be mandatory in all 50 states.

should be mandatory in all 50 states.
Dr. Joseph Pfeifer
Dr. Joseph Pfeifer
Dr. Adam Smith