Can you make a full recovery from trimalleolar ankle fracture with dislocation?

Recovery. A full recovery is possible, but that ankle will no longer be the same. There will always be some stiffness, ache and swelling. Over time you have a high chance of developing arthritis.
Yes. You will need to have it repaired well and allow the proper time to heal. Follow your surgeons orders. Since this is a serious fracture, you may have some swelling and pain. You may even develop arthritis in the ankle after awhile.
It depends. An ankle fracture that heals in perfect alignment usually leaves little or no impairment. Some individuals may be left with post-traumatic arthritis of the ankle joint, continued pain, or a tendency for recurrent ankle sprains. Fractures of the weight-bearing portion of the tibia have a more guarded prognosis, since any change in the anatomic position of the fracture fragments is likely to result in long-term post-traumatic arthritis.