I had a lisfranc fracture - how long will it be before I can bear weight and walk again?

Dr. John Ayres
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: 6 weeks to 3 months

Lisfranc injuries range from sprains to complete dislocations.
Immobilization in cast can take up to 3 months. Stable sprains can be treated nonoperatively but displaced injuries require surgery. Both are treated with nonweight-bearing cast for 6 weeks then progressive weight bearing in removable boot or walking cast for another 6 weeks, advancing as comfort allows. Patients are advanced to a supportive shoe and reconditioning when comfort allows.

In brief: 6 weeks to 3 months

Dr. John Ayres
Dr. John Ayres

In brief: Depends

It depends on how bad of a fracture and how it was treated.
But look at 8-12 weeks.

In brief: Depends

But look at 8-12 weeks.
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine