How should I limit my son's activity after a ruptured spleen?

In brief: Be cautious

Follow the hospital discharge instructions which should include avoiding strenuous activities, and definitely no contact sports.
If you did not receive any discharge instructions, contact you discharging physician for further instructions.

In brief: Be cautious

Dr. Wesley Marquart
Dr. Wesley Marquart
Dr. Allen Kamrava
Surgery - Colorectal

In brief: Depends

Depends what was done.
If he had a surgery that removed his spleen, then incisional pain will be a safe guide for his activity. If however his spleen is left in place, then depending on the degree of laceration, time off from contact sports is dictated. Speak with the doctor that cared for him in the hospital.

In brief: Depends

Depends what was done.
Dr. Allen Kamrava
Dr. Allen Kamrava
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery