How long should I wait to drink alcohol after a car accident with a possible liver laceration?

Dr. Scott Bolhack
Wound care
In brief: Alcohol
If the car accident had anything to do with alcohol, i wouldn't recommend you drink ever. Consult with your physician for clearance for alcohol consumption.

In brief: Alcohol
Dr. Scott Bolhack
Dr. Scott Bolhack
Well said.
Dr. Vasu Brown
Wound care
In brief: Check with pcp
You might want to do blood test to find out how hurt your liver is and let this heal first.

In brief: Check with pcp
Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Addiction Medicine
In brief: Unknown
I am always concerned when people with serious injuries (and did the accident involve your drinking?) want to know when they can drink again.
If drinking is that important in your life, it concerns me that it is too important in your life. Talk to your health care professional about it. If you are talking social drinking (1-2 drinks), no problem. Higher amounts are another question.

In brief: Unknown
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery