How long does it take for a heart contusion to heal?

Check the lab values. Contusions of the heart itself, when related to trauma vary vastly in terms of severity. Contusions that are clinically important generally have laboratory and EKG signs of injury. The damage is no longer ongoing when lab values cease to keep trending up. The rate at which it takes to return to normal is not entirely clear. Note: this is not the same a fractured sternum..
6 weeks. The heart contusion is bruised tissue from blunt force trauma, and like most tissues takes about 6 to 8 weeks to heal. The problem with cardiac contusions is the electrical circuitry of the heart. Being monitored for arrhythmia is important. Should be under the care of a cardiologist.