What is a connection between appendicitis and Crohn's disease?

No connection. Crohn disease affects any part(s) of gastrointstinal tract, mouth to anus including appendix. The abdominal pain associated with crohn disease can be severe enough to simulate acute appendicitis.
Bowel inflammation. While crohn's disease can involve inflammation of the entire GI tract, appendicitis is confined to the appendix. Clinical presentation can be identical, as ileal inflammation (most common site for crohn's) & appendicitis both cause rlq pain. The treatment for appendicitis is surgery, while crohn's is treated with medical therapy (& surgery reserved for treating complications or medical failures.
Different. The cause of crohn's and appendicitis are extremely different. Appendicitis is localized non immune inflammation. Crohn's is more complex in nature and never cured.