Is it safe to do vinyasa yoga while pregnant?

Dr. Scott Kramer
Gynecology

Go for it! exercise and stretching are great for most pregnant women.
Be aware your joints will loosen up due to a hormone called realxin that prepares your pelvis for birth. Yoga also helps build much needed core strength you need now caring the pregnancy and also afterwards toting your baby around. Finally, it's such a great stress reliever nourishing a balanced mind. Enjoy!

Dr. Scott Kramer
Dr. Scott Kramer
Dr. Jeff Livingston

Yoga is a great exercise program for pregnancy.
Most instructors can alter the work out slightly for you. Some offer specific prenatal yoga classes as well. I would avoid bikram or "hot" yoga where the room is heated up to a high temperature.

Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Jonathan Jassey