I think I have bronchiolitis, what should I do?

Dr. HARRY OPSIMOS
Pediatrics - Pulmonology

In brief: Monitor

Bronchiolitis is usually a viral infection that causes inflammation of the airways.
In the vast majority of cases, in healthy individuals, it is almost like a cold and no medication is needed. It lasts usually a week to 10 days. It can, however, cause significant problems in young children, infants and also in the elderly and immunocompromised people.

In brief: Monitor

Dr. HARRY OPSIMOS
Dr. HARRY OPSIMOS

In brief: Stay at home

Bronchiolitis is an infection which can be easily spread and can make babies very sick.
The most important thing is to keep away from other people while you have symptoms. It is probably worth seeing your doctor to see whether any specific treatment is needed. Taking Acetaminophen or Ibuprofen can decrease fever and body aches. Need for specific treatment depends on your previous health.

In brief: Stay at home

Dr. C. michael Bowman
Dr. C. michael Bowman