Anyone have tips for dealing with primary ciliary dyskinesia (pcd)?

Dr. Robert Fink
In brief: Get vaccinated
Vaccines protect against many major illnesses and are an important aspect of care for someone with pcd.
The annual influenza vaccine is especially important. Pcd requires daily care to prevent lung infections and damage; i would strongly suggest that anyone with this condition be seen regularly by a pulmonologist for treatment and counseling.

In brief: Get vaccinated
Dr. Robert Fink
Dr. Robert Fink
Dr. William Goldie
Pediatrics - Neurology
In brief: Do my best
No one seems to be answering your question.
The respiratory tract is lined with cilia. These are tiny hairs that collect debris and move mucous. If they do not move normally they are considered as dyskinetic. Patients with cystic fibrosis are prone to this. Also those with bad asthma and certain genetic defects of the airways. Good pulmonary clearance methods are necessary.

In brief: Do my best
Dr. William Goldie
Dr. William Goldie