Would taking lsd have any negative effects on my tourette's syndrome?

Dr. Kevin Passer
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: We don't know

The risks and damage from lsd in humans is not fully understood.
It isn't possible to give a person lsd and then be able to examine the various parts of the brain microscopically. If i had tourette syndrome, i wouldn't want to risk making it worse, especially if i could avoid it. Why take the chance? Are we smart or stupid? Sorry to be so blunt. It bothers me when people mess themselves up.

In brief: We don't know

Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Kevin Passer

Lsd possibly affects serotonin receptors.
Tourette's may be due to oversensitivity of Dopamine receptors. The relationship between serotonin and Dopamine is complicated. In my opinion, anything disrupting neurotransmitters should be approached very cautiously, if at all, and definitely supervised by a doctor. And, like with any street drug, can you even know it's really lsd?

Dr. Bartholomew Vereb
Dr. Bartholomew Vereb