Does pregnancy cause skin changes?

Yes. Common concerns are increased pigmentation of the face (e.g. Along cheek bones and upper lip, often referred to as the mask of pregnancy) and abdominal stretch marks. Generally increased blood flow may cause a noticeable blush over the cheeks referred to as the pregnancy glow. Acne may become more problematic during pregnancy and spider veins may also develop.
Yes. Melasma is the name for the dark splotches than can appear on the face. Stretch marks come from tension on the skin. Acne is common from all the hormone changes. The dark line down the middle of the abdomen is called the linea nigra. The nipples and labia often darken in color. Freckles often become darker as well.