If you have a child with adhd, does this mean were you severely emotionally stressed during pregnancy?

Dr. Mark Diamond

In brief: No

To the best of current research knowledge, there is no condtion or stress during pregnancy that causes or triggers adhd in the child.

In brief: No

Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mary Ann Block
General Practice

In brief: No

Adhd is just a group of symptoms.
In my opinion, it is not a disease. The diagnosis is based on a checklist of subjective symptoms. Kids can have focus and behavior problems but it does not mean they have adhd. It means they have some underlying medical or educational problem that can be treated without psychiatric drugs.

In brief: No

Adhd is just a group of symptoms.
Dr. Mary Ann Block
Dr. Mary Ann Block
8 comments
Dr. Carla Enriquez
ADHD is a neurobiologic disorder that is inherited, it is a real disease, and you health during
Dr. Carla Enriquez
pregnancy is vitally important in reducing the severity of inherited ADHD. Here's what the National
Dr. Marsha Davis