If kids have been emotionally abused by their parents is it likely that they will emotionally abuse their kids as well?

Maybe. There does seem to be a pattern of intergenerational child abuse. I suspect it is more a result of many factors including psycho-social stressors, inherited conditions, and environment.
By example. Most of us parent either like we were parented, if we didn't like how we were parented, as differently as possible. Unfortunately, emotional abuse in childhood can be a very strong pattern that, when the child becomes a parent may assert itself because of the stress of being a parent. However, adults can learn to parent differently, if they seek help and stick to it.
Possible. There are no guarantees, but people who were emotionally abused as children are at an increased risk of becoming emotional abusers.