Does emotional abuse cause more mental disorders as an adult compared with physical or sexual abuse?

All abuse causes. Emotional harm. Physical & sexual abuse is always accompanied by emotional abuse. But in my experience the emotional aspects of abuse seem to take longer to heal than the physical aspects. The good thing is that people survive & even thrive after abuse when they get the right support & help.
Good question. That is a difficult one to answer. The actual incidence of "emotional" abuse is not easily obtainable, since it isn't "reported." the consequences of physical and sexual abuse are better understood since these come to our attention much more frequently. In interviews with my patients with mental disorders (i dislike that term) i find a frequent allusion to emotionally abusive parents, spouses etc.