How can I resolve my baby's nipple confusion?

Dr. Marcus Degraw
In brief: Pick one and do it!
If you want to breastfeed and bottles or pacifiers are causing problems, then stop the bottles and pacy and breastfeed away.
Essentially practice, practice, practice. Try eliminating alternate nipple forms for 3-4 weeks and establish a good pattern and then, only if needed, reintroduce bottles and/or pacifiers.

In brief: Pick one and do it!
Dr. Marcus Degraw
Dr. Marcus Degraw
Dr. Marianna Post
In brief: Breastfeed
Breastfeed more than bottlefeed if possible, choose bottles that intend to be used with breastfeeding and intend to minimize nipple confusion that are low-flow like first years breastflow bottles.

In brief: Breastfeed
Dr. Marianna Post
Dr. Marianna Post
2 comments
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Yes, it's not just the nipple. The breast milk is in a vacuum. Baby has to " pull" harder to get it to flow.
Dr. Johanna Fricke