Can I talk to my psychiatrist about suicidal thoughts without her telling anyone about them? I'm a teenager.

In brief: Depends
This is a difficult question to answer. The psychiatrist is, first and foremost, concerned about your safety.
Just about everything you discuss with your psychiatrist is completely confidential. However, when it comes to things such as suicide, the psychiatrist will use their professional judgment to decide whether it is necessary to tell someone else.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Bartholomew Vereb
Dr. Bartholomew Vereb
Dr. Glen Elliott
This becomes a judgment call. Simple thoughts probably would not require action; but, if the psychiatrist believes you are at risk for harming yourself, law requires that he or she take steps to prevent that.
Dr. Robert GalatzerLevy
Pediatrics - Psychiatry
In brief: No but keep reading
Your psychiatrist cannot promise not to tell because if you are at risk of hurting yourself he needs to protect you.
Your psychiatrist would help you understand what is going on and help you protect yourself from doing anything that didn't make sense for you in the long run. Suicidal thoughts are different from actually harming yourself and you need the psychiatrists help in telling the difference

In brief: No but keep reading
Dr. Robert GalatzerLevy
Dr. Robert GalatzerLevy
Dr. Kevin Passer
Pediatrics - Psychiatry
In brief: I don't know
As i don't know your psychiatrist, i don't know what she'll do.
If you were my patient and said you felt suicidal, i believe i would be ethically bound to do whatever was required to protect your safety.

In brief: I don't know
Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Carla Enriquez
Tell your psychiatrist about your thoughts and feelings.
Please answer her questions honestly, she just wants to help you. You don't have to be in this alone. It's life saving to talk about your suicide ideation.

Dr. Carla Enriquez
Dr. Carla Enriquez
Dr. Bassam Amawi
In brief: U conversion
With u psychiatrist is confidential , except if u r in danger of harming u self or others.
Since we r obligated to interfer

In brief: U conversion
Since we r obligated to interfer
Dr. Bassam Amawi
Dr. Bassam Amawi
Dr. Shontae Buffington