Can having depression or bipolar disorder cause you to have a lower iq?

No, depends. If you are in the depths of depression, or spinning in a manic episode when your IQ is tested, you won't score as well as you ordinarily would. That said, depression & bipolar patients tend to be brighter than average. Interesting question. Why do you ask?
Lower IQ. Absolutely. Cognitive functioning and intelligence testing can be negatively impacted by emotional disorders.
Probably not. Depression, or bipolar disorder, are illnesses. Like any other illness, they can affect your ability to think or to process information. Iq is a relatively fixed quantity. So, it is likely that if you are, for example, depressed, you may test at a lower iq. But, once you get better, you would test at a level more reflective of your actual ability.