Are there additives in our food that cause children to become more hyperactive?

In brief: Maybe

This is a very significant debate in child psychiatry and pediatrics.
My personal opinion is "no, " additives alone make little difference. But, refined, highly artificial foods, combined with a generally poor diet, compounded by poor parenting, and mediocre schooling, all can combine to create problems.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Bartholomew Vereb
Dr. Bartholomew Vereb
Dr. Mark Diamond

In brief: Maybe

A very recently published research study suggests that there may be children who react to what is in their diet.
If so, this rare relatively and still requires trial and error thru elimination diets for proof. Consult with your pediatrician to find out how to go about determination.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond