Is it common to have sleep issues in pregnancy?

Dr. Megan Bird
In brief: Yes!
It is very common to have difficulty sleeping.
Pregnancy is a really stressful time and that can make it hard to sleep. Later in pregnancy, your body makes a hormone that causes the joints to relax and pretty much any position is uncomfortable. Both add up to some problems for almost everyone. Feel free to nap if you can.

In brief: Yes!
Dr. Megan Bird
Dr. Megan Bird
Dr. Chevies Newman
Question is, tired during the day? Headaches? Hx of mood or stress issues? I treat insomnia in pregnancy, can be a risk factor for mood problems.
If persistent and wondering how your gonna make it, consider tx. Trazadone 50 mg, Ambien (zolpidem) 10 mg, Clonazepam 1 mg, each can help. Mass general womens psychiatry site for data, print, bring to ob, we generally don't ask and miss prob unless pt in melt down.

Dr. Chevies Newman
Dr. Chevies Newman
Dr. Jonathan Jassey