Is there a way to improve the mortality rate for hie?

Dr. James Cummings
Pediatrics - Neonatology

Mortality from hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy (hie) has improved in recent years due to a variety of medical interventions, including having a skilled pediatric attendant at delivery, early recognition of hie and prompt stabilization, intensive care neonatology, and most recently hypothermia therapy.
Overall, mortality rates for hie are around 20-25%.

Dr. James Cummings
Dr. James Cummings

I can see two: to have and both experienced obstetrician and neonatolgist in house and deliver in the tertiary care facility, or have it nearby to provide a cooling therapy on time (within 6 hrs).
But the mortality for hie is not all, the morbidity from hie is the major concern.

Dr. Ecaterina Sartina
Dr. Ecaterina Sartina