Is it normal for my 1 mos old to have yellow eyes, what should I do?

Dr. Raja Nandyal

It's not uncommon for some jaundice (bilirubin levels of 5 to 10 range) to continue for 4 to 6 weeks (very rarely up to 12 weeks), in a breast fed infant.
In such a situation, i still recommend getting a total and direct bilirubin (a blood test for jaundice) to make sure, no other condition with high direct bilirubin exist. If so, the infant's stools can be clay colored (not brown or yellow).

Dr. Raja Nandyal
Dr. Raja Nandyal
Dr. James Cummings
Pediatrics - Neonatology

In brief: No

Most often yellow eyes (that is, the whites of the eyes are yellow) are associated with jaundice, which normally should have resolved by one month of age.
If present, the child should be examined by a physician and perhaps some blood work may be indicated.

In brief: No

Dr. James Cummings
Dr. James Cummings
Dr. Jonathan Jassey