How likely is it that a baby with meconium aspiration will end up developing lung problems etc. In later life?

Dr. Cornelia Franz
In brief: Not necessarily
If there was not significant injury as a result of the aspiration, your child should do fine.
Consider seeking the counsel of a chinese medicine practitioner in your area. I have had good results in my area. Chinese medicine herbs can help the body repair itself and then there is no concern that there will be issues later. The herbs are safe...Find a good practitioner.

In brief: Not necessarily
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Evelyn Hurvitz
In brief: It depends
Meconium aspiration in and of itself does not cause significant lung problems later in life.
The potential pneumonia from the aspiration is easily treated when it occurs. If, however, the meconium aspiration leads to further lung or heart problems, there may be consequences in later life.

In brief: It depends
Dr. Evelyn Hurvitz
Dr. Evelyn Hurvitz
Dr. Cindy Juster