Are there any natural remedies to help with hie recovery?

Dr. Cristina Carballo
Pediatrics - Neonatology

One natural remedy is hypothermia therapy, which involves total body cooling to 33.
5 degree centrigrade for 72 hrs. The therapy must begin by 6 hours of age and be done at a level 3 nicu.

Dr. Cristina Carballo
Dr. Cristina Carballo
Dr. Raja Nandyal

In brief: No

There is no well studied and dependable natural remedy for hie.

In brief: No

Dr. Raja Nandyal
Dr. Raja Nandyal
Dr. James Cummings
Pediatrics - Neonatology

In brief: No

Hie, or hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy, is caused by lack of oxygen and blood flow to the brain.
Restoring these nutrients prevents further damage, and allows the body to recover. However, the natural recovery process may further aggravate brain injury, and medical interventions such as hypothermia have been developed to reduce this secondary injury. I am not aware of natural remedies.

In brief: No

Dr. James Cummings
Dr. James Cummings
Dr. Rashed Hasan
Board Certified, Pediatrics - Critical Care