Will acupuncture leave scars?

Dr. Barbara A Majeroni

In brief: No

Acupuncture needles are very tiny and do not leave scars.

In brief: No

Dr. Barbara A Majeroni
Dr. Barbara A Majeroni
Dr. Stephen Rodrigues
In my Medical Acupuncture course, I have found that they were correct when you reach a plateau in a pain problem ... needling the scar will help soften the scar and help with the primary pain problem. NO scars form needles. Scraping can and heat can leave burns.
Dr. Marguerite Barnett
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: No

Accupuncture, if done properly, involves needles so small, they are smaller than diabetic needles so they should not leave scars.

In brief: No

Dr. Marguerite Barnett
Dr. Marguerite Barnett

In brief: No

No acupuncture should not leave scars - the diameter of the needle is very small.
However there is a particular technique which could lead to scarring which is called "scarring moxibustion" which can be used for asthma and ulcers. It uses burning cones of mugworth or other substances on the skin. I don't use this technique.

In brief: No

Dr. Eric Weisman